Author Notes: This recipe has become a favorite at Thanksgiving Dinner. It's such a simple recipe and such a delicious recipe. I can't believe that after years and years of creating and re-creating different styles of sweet potatoes, that the end result ends up being so simple and wonderful. Happy Thanksgiving to all. - eleonore
- 6-7 medium sweet pototoes, cook to fork tender, cool and peel
- 1-l/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- l/2 teaspoons kosher salt (maybe a little more - check)
- Using a 2 quart saucepan bring maple syrup to a boil and reduce heat and let syrup reduce to half the amount (approximately 15 minutes or so).
- After syrup has reduced, add cranberries, butter and salt and cook until cranberries have popped.
- Using a pretty ceramic or glass baking dish, cut potatoes into 1 inch slices and arrange in dish (overlap if necessary to fit all into dish).
- Carefully pour or spoon syrup mixture over potatoes.
- Bake (uncovered) in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 30-40 minutes.
- Note: I prepare everything the day before - the only thing to do on Turkey Day would be to bring everything to room temperature and pour syrup over potatoes and bake and then enjoy them.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sweet Potato Recipe