If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I spend a lot of time convincing my husband to eat breakfast before work. This is one of his favorite smoothies. I first read about putting almond butter in a smoothie on Joy the Baker's blog. It adds protein and a nice, creamy texture. I started using frozen bananas, as a way to keep the smoothie cold and cut down on ice. Now I keep frozen bananas in my freezer at all times- for baking or smoothie emergencies. - Hilarybee
Makes two small smoothies
- 1 apple, peeld and cored
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (I use unsweetened Vanilla WestSoy)
- 1 cup chopped kale (about two large leaves, stalks removed)
- 1 tablespoon Almond Butter
- 1 teaspoon Raw Honey (or more, if you like it sweet)
- 2-3 Cubes of Ice
- Combine all of the ingredients in the pitcher of a blender. Pulse two or three times to get everything mixed up. Then blend for 20-30 seconds, or until the smoothie is creamy, with no chunks of ice or kale.
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
That was a close shave.