If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I spend a lot of time convincing my husband to eat breakfast before work. This is one of his favorite smoothies. I first read about putting almond butter in a smoothie on Joy the Baker's blog. It adds protein and a nice, creamy texture. I started using frozen bananas, as a way to keep the smoothie cold and cut down on ice. Now I keep frozen bananas in my freezer at all times- for baking or smoothie emergencies. - Hilarybee
Makes two small smoothies
- 1 apple, peeld and cored
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (I use unsweetened Vanilla WestSoy)
- 1 cup chopped kale (about two large leaves, stalks removed)
- 1 tablespoon Almond Butter
- 1 teaspoon Raw Honey (or more, if you like it sweet)
- 2-3 Cubes of Ice
- Combine all of the ingredients in the pitcher of a blender. Pulse two or three times to get everything mixed up. Then blend for 20-30 seconds, or until the smoothie is creamy, with no chunks of ice or kale.
How to Take a Food52-Style Photo
Those Instagrams aren't going to like themselves.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce
Easter Baskets for Loved Ones Who Sometimes Annoy You
Sure to put somebunny out of business.
Style with a breeze.