If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by a vegetable curry from Cooking Light - I had selected the recipe for our weeknight meal plan but read the reviews after shopping - not so good. So I started with the basic premise and went a little crazy, with delicious results. Serve with basmati rice and naan bread. - meganvt01
- 2 cups sweet potato (peeled) cut into 1/3 inch dice
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower florets - cut into 1/2 to 1 inch chunks
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 14 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup 2% greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- Heat the olive oil over medium high in a large skillet. Add the sweet potato and cook for 5 minutes, until the sweet potato begins to brown.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the red pepper, curry, cumin, cinnamon, fennel seed, and ginger and cook for 2 minutes, until the mixture is fragrant. Stir occasionally.
- Add the cauliflower, onion, broth, garbanzos, tomato, tomato sauce and salt. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes until the veggies are just tender. Uncover, add peas, and continue simmering for 5 more minutes to allow the sauce to thicken. Season if necessary.
- Serve the curry over rice, top with a dollop of greek yogurt and some cilantro.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dinner That Makes a Good Lunch
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.