If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Perfect for the holidays! There are other kinds of latkes besides plain potato. We like this spicy version. - Loulies
Serves about 12 pancakes.
- 2 large sweet potato, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- dashes cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4-1/2 cups olive oil (for frying)
- Sour cream
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cayenne pepper, curry powder, cumin, salt and black pepper. Add eggs and milk to the dry ingredients to make a stiff batter. Add grated potatoes and mix (the batter should be moist but not runny; if too stiff, add a little more milk.).
- Heat 2 to 3 tablespoons oil in a large frying for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Drop two heaping tablespoons of the potato batter into the hot pan and flatten down with the back of a spatula. Fry 4 to 5 pancakes at a time. Continue to cook over medium-high heat for several minutes until all of the pancakes are golden on each side. Place fried pancake onto a plate covered with a paper towel to absorb excess oil. Serve hot with a dollop of sour cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sweet Potato Recipe