If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My neighbor Dale brought this dish to a Thanksgiving gathering at our codo complex. It was and still remains a BIG HIT. —joan511
- 1/4 whole orange, including rind
- 2 cups fresh whole cranberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 cups cooked sweet potatoes,mashed
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped peacans
- Cut the orange slice, rind included, into four pieces and place in a food processor or blender with the whole cranberries. Mix until evenly chopped, then add 1/3 cup sugar. Stir until blended; set aside.
- With a mixer, cream butter and sugar. Add salt, orange juice concentrate, vanilla, eggs, and mashed cooked sweet potatoes, beating all until thoroughly blended; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, and butter, pressing and stirring with a fork until butter is evenly distributed. Stir in pecans; set aside.
- Pour half of the sweet potatoe mixture into a buttered 2 1/2-3 qt casserole dish. Spread cranberry mixture evenly over top, then cover with remaining sweet potato mixture. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees before sprinkling with brown sugar-pecan combination. Return to oven and bake for an additional 45 minutes. Remove and cool for 5-10 minutes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sweet Potato Recipe