If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a salad loved at our family pot luck gatherings. It was inspired by a recipe from Gourmet Magazine a few years back. It is sweet, tart, and savory all in one! —Mareblu
Makes 8 servings
- 1/3 cup green (hulled) Pumpkin seeds (pepitas;not toasted) if you wish to skip this part of step(1) use toasted salted pepitas
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons Sherry vinegar/red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mild honey
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon peper
- 4 cups spicy/bitter salad greens(packed); radish greens,watercress,and arugula,discard the stems
- 4 cups frisee(curly endive packed), torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (1/2 pound) pieces Manchego cheese, shaved into about 30-35 thin slices
- 8 small red or yellow Bartlett pears
- 1/4 cup or about 2 handfuls pomegranate seeds
- Cook seeds in 1 tablespoon oil in a small heavy skillet over medium-low, stiring frequently, until beginning to be toasty brown, about 3-4 minutes. transfer to a paper towel and reserve oil. Season seeds with salt and peper.(Skip this step if you have toasted salted pepitas)
- Whisk together or in a jar, add together vinegar,honey,mustard,1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add remaining 1/3 cup olive oil and reserved oil from skillet (if no skillet oil add 1 tablespoon more olive oil) whisking together or shake jar until emulsified.
- Toss greens, Manchego cheese, pears, and pomegranates together with dressing. Sprinkle with papitas seeds and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Autumn Salad