If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A spin on the traditional shrimp toast -- everything is better with bacon! —Joylicious
- 1 pound prawns
- 2 pieces bacon
- 2 pieces green onion, thinly diced
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (or soy sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 eggs
- 8 slices stale bread
- 1 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1 packet bacon
- 24-32 toothpicks
- Bake bacon in toaster oven at 450F for 10 minutes or until most of the fat has been rendered. (see photo above) Remove from oven and set aside on large plate lined with paper towels.
- Peel and devein prawns. Wash under water and pat dry using a paper towel. Chop the bacon and place into a large bowl. Add half of the green onions and mix well.
- Place bread into toaster oven or oven and bake until dried. Mince prawns using knife or food processor and mix with seasonings (fish sauce, sugar, pepper, cooking wine, sesame oil) in a medium or large bowl.
- Combine mixture with bacon and onion mixture and add cornstarch and eggs. Spread on bread slices or rounds and flatten prawn mixture evenly with a knife (about 1/2 inch thick). Coat with sesame seeds and set aside.
- If you are baking them, place toasts into oven at 400F for 8 minutes. Take out of oven and wrap with bacon slices, using toothpicks to hold bacon in place. If you cut your bread into rounds like I have, cut bacon slices in half and wrap rounds with half slices of bacon. Use toothpick to hold bacon in place.
- Return to oven and bake for additional 10-15 minutes at 400F, or until bacon is crisp. If you are frying them, pour oil in hot pan. When oil begins to boil, put in bread slices (or rounds) and deep fry over medium heat until golden. Cut each square into 4-8 triangles (or leave rounds as is). Serve hot.
You Can Have It All
Well, at least your zucchini bread—er, cake—can
Zucchini cake is everything you want.
The dreamiest foods around.
We've got the (summer) blues.
Burnt Toast: Episode 13
Have a ball (jar).