Author Notes: This is a tried and true recipe that used to be a specialty in my former restaurant "Strawberry Fields". A delicious start or finish to your day and a perfect brunch item. - Mandy Cox
For the French Toast
- 2 cups Half and Half
- 1/3 cup Amaretto Syrup
- 3 teaspoons Cardamom
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Amaretto Liquor
- 1 Loaf of Cinnamon Bread
- 1/2 cup Butter for Skillet
Blood Orange / Cardamom Syrup
- 1 cup Butter
- 5 Blood Oranges
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom
- 1/2 cup Packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- Marscapone Cheese
- Melt Butter for syrup in a metal saucepan. Juice three Blood Oranges and Slice the other two into 1/4 inch slices.
- Add Blood Orange Juice, Maple Syrup, Brown Sugar and Cardamon to melted Butter. Then add Blood orange slices once de-seeded to the simmering syrup. Allow syrup to simmer while you cook your french toast but be careful not to burn.
- Preheat your skillet to about 350 degrees.
- Add Eggs, Half and Half, Amaretto Syrup, Amaretto Liquor, and Cardamom to a shallow bowl and incorporate all ingredients together.
- Add butter to hot skillet and dredge your bread making sure to get it good and soaked then cook bread until firm and golden brown.
- Serve Hot French Toast by topping with a dollop of Marscapone Cheese, Mascerated Blood Orange Slices and the warm syrup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe