If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The high temperature today was minus 1. Who knows what the wind chill is, but let the fact that it is snowing sideways stimulate your imagination. For a change, I believed the weather forecast and did my errands yesterday on the way home while the sun was shining. Tonight I have a fireplace waiting for a fire and a bottle of wine waiting for something to accompany it. —boulangere
Makes 1 8" cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- 8 ounces Greek-style yogurt, plain
- 4 ounces extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- Zest of one orange and one Meyer lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of an 8” cake pan with parchment, and pan-spray the sides.
- This is a one-bowl operation. Set a sieve over a mixing bowl. Measure the dry ingredients into it, then sift them into the bowl.
- Add the yogurt, olive oil, honey, olives, citrus zest, rosemary, and thyme. Stir with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula just enough to blend all ingredients. NOTE: I make my own Greek-style yogurt; see a simple recipe (no yogurt maker necessary!) on my blog here, Jan. 13, Lucky Times 3: http://wp.me/27pPl)
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake until a paring knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30-35 minutes. NOTE: I used a small brioche mold which is deeper than a conventional cake pan, and it took about 15-20 minutes longer to bake. If using a deeper pan, set a timer and test in 10-minute increments.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
Quick! Make these summery recipes while there's still time
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
This week's #happylist.
Storage made crystal clear.