If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I hate Celery....but have just fallen in love with Celeriac. This weekend, I made everything Celeriac - celeriac mash with red wine poached pears and venison, celeriac soup with bacon,carrots and onions (using the leftover mash) and this warming, fresh salad of Celeriac and Apple! I love it. I served it with toasted french bread a la baguette slices and salt-baked sardines - Kitchen Butterfly
- 1 lemon, halved and juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 a celeriac (about 200g)
- 2 sweet, crunchy eating apples
- 6 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons creme fraiche
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- To serve: slices of toasted, buttered baguette and fresh or tinned sardines
- Lemon slices to garnish
- 1 - 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh herbs - parsley, dill or coriander
- Put lemon juice in a bowl and add a pinch of salt to it. Stir to dissolve.
- Peel the celeriac with a vegetable peeler or a knife. Do the same for the apples.
- Wash and then slice both the celeriac and apples into thin slices. Cut each slice into matchsticks and toss in the lemon juice
- Combine the mayonnaise, cream fraiche and mustard and add to the celeriac-apple mix.
- Check seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Serve right away if you like or leave to 'bloom' in the refrigerator for a few hours. Sprinkle on herbs just before serving.
- Accompany with smoked fish (sardines or mackerel go well) and slices of toasted & buttered baguette.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Autumn Salad
These beach eats can't be beat.
Shore-fire recipes for the beach.
Get out of the frame.
Chocolate has a meltdown.
These are nuts to travel with.