If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Had a bunch of leftover booze from our wedding and created this using bourbon —lisasu
Makes 1.5 cups
- 1.5 cups pecans
- 1/3 cup hand squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lay nuts on baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes or so until they are fragrant. Taste one and if still bitter, put back in oven for a minute or so.
- Hand squeeze orange juice and strain out and seeds and pith.
- Place juice, sugar, and zest in large saucepan and bring to boiling on med high heat.
- Turn to low heat and add the bourbon. Cover with lid and cook for additional two to three minutes on low.
- Remove lid and bring to boil again. Keep stirring and use candy thermometer to measure temperature. When it hits 305 degrees, remove from heat immediately and stir in pecans.
- When nuts cling to each other, spread the out on wax paper to cool. Since they will harden, make sure to separate them out as much as you can while they are hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
Why Our Vegan Cookbook is for Everyone
Whether you're a meat eater, tofu lover, or in-between
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
Have a ball (jar).