If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have a new blog where I am creating recipes that simulate some of my favorite foods with healthy ingredients suitable for people on special diets. This is a recipe for a fish-pate that has no fish! It is made mostly from white beans, citrus and seaweeds. I should warn you that the Dulse seaweed in this recipe has a very strong fish smell on its own but when incorporated into the recipe, it becomes very subtle.
This pate makes a great topping for bruschetta or crackers or a nice dip for chips or crudites. And its dead simple to throw together at the last minute. Enjoy! —DUZE @BakingBackwards
- 1 can organic cannellini beans
- The juice of 1/2 organic lemon
- 2 sweet gherkin pickles
- 3 teaspoons nutritional yeastl
- 1/2 teaspoon Braggs (or tamari, or soy sauce)
- 2 teaspoons Kelp seaweed granules (or to your taste, more will enhance fish flavor)
- 2 tbsp Dulse seaweed granules (or to your taste, more will enhance fish flavor)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon organic ground cinammon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp mayonaise or veganaise
- 1 tbsp organic canola oil, or other mildly flavored oil
- Blend all ingredients in a mixing bowl with a hand blender until very smooth. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. It is good to go right after blending but a few hours refrigeration will help the flavors amalgamate. Serve chilled with crackers, vegetables, chips or crostini.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
Why Our Vegan Cookbook is for Everyone
Whether you're a meat eater, tofu lover, or in-between
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
Have a ball (jar).