Author Notes: A great cold, crunchy Fall salad. - NWB
- 1 Bulb of fennel
- 3 Stalks of celery
- Parmesan cheese
- Wash and trim fennel and celery.
- Using a mandolin (very carefully) shave fennel and celery into salad bowl.
- Set aside and make vinaigrette.
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- In a small jar or bowl combine mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper. If using a jar pour in oil and shake vigorously until well combined. If using a bowl pour in oil and using a fork whisk until well combined. Add dressing to fennel and celery. Coat the vegetables with dressing. Using a vegetable peeler shave strips of Parmesan cheese over the salad to taste. Serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Autumn Salad