Author Notes: This salad was born from a snowy tromp to the market and a craving for Meyer lemons. I didn't have anything in particular in mind as I filled my basket, other than crisp textures and bright flavors. A refreshing, citrusy salad was the end result - deeply satisfying! - BlueKaleRoad
- 20 ounces grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 large English cucumber, diced
- 1 bunch radishes, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 3 Meyer lemons
- 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Combine the tomatoes, cucumber, radishes and mint in a large serving bowl.
- Zest one lemon and one lime and put zest into a glass jar for mixing. Juice one lemon and half a lime and add the juice to the jar. With a mortar and pestle, crush the garlic clove with the salt until smooth. Add the garlic mixture and olive oil to the jar. Cover and shake until well combined.
- Slice the peel and pith off of the two remaining Meyer lemons. Cut the lemons into segments and remove seeds. Add to the veggie mix in the serving bowl.
- When ready to serve, toss the dressing with the salad and taste for salt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe