If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A creamy, lemon and dill soup that was a go-to soup right after my son was first born - super easy and satisfying, still at the top of my favorites list today. Flexible recipe - make vegetarian or with chicken - either way cooks up in minutes in the microwave or stovetop. —Bijouxs
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup orzo pasta
- 1 pound chicken breast, boneless skinless cut into small cubes (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1+ tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1+ tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Extra dill sprigs, lemon zest and wedges for garnish
- In the microwave: Heat the broth in a 2-quart microwave safe bowl, covered with plastic wrap and vented for 8-10 minutes on High. Remove, open carefully and slowly add the orzo. Cook covered on High for 7 minutes. Remove, and add the cubed chicken breast, then cover and cook again on High for 3 minutes and remove.
- *In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice and eggs. Whisk in a small amount of the hot broth, adding broth until the egg-lemon mixture is warm, then whisk the egg-lemon mixture into the rest of the soup. Finally, cook on Medium in microwave for 3 minutes. Stir in the dill, parsley and garnish with lemon wedges, lemon zest and fresh dill.
- For the stovetop: In a large sauce pan over a medium-high heat bring the broth to a boil, add the orzo pasta and cook until tender about 10 minutes. Add the cubed chicken and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Follow microwave recipe from * and heat soup through over a medium heat until hot, using a whisk to create a smooth broth.
Get Baking This Labor Day
These recipes are worth a little kitchen labor
Get baking this Labor Day.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Storage made crystal clear.