If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Swedish Cinnamon buns are simply a delight! This is my fourth year in Sweden and even though some of their traditions have worn me out and I absolutely refuse to partake in them (Glogg and Peppakakor anyone? Yikes!) But Cinnamon buns the Swedish kind anyways I continue to love, not only to eat but also to bake at home! It is a great way to bond with family and friends. So take the time out to make them with yours, a great hit with the kids!
This recipe has been slightly adapted from the back of 2 All-Purpose Flour Packages (The i love eco Ekologiskt Vetemjol: The ICA brand) & (The Kungsornen ekologiskt Vetemjol). But it is also important to mention that this is the standard most used recipe in Sweden. - ChefSteadfastMT
- 150 Grams Margarine or Butter
- 21/2 cup Milk
- 50 Grams Live Yeast (For Sweet Dough)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Cardamom
- 800 Grams All Purpose Flour
- 1 egg
- 50-75 Grams Margarine or Butter (Room Temperature)
- Half a cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Cardamom
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- Melt butter in a pot. Add in the milk and let the mixture be lukewarm (+37 Celsius). Melt the yeast in the bowl of an electric mixture by sprinkling it with the half teaspoon of salt. After it has melted please add the milk and butter mixture to the yeast.
- Add the sugar and the cardamom to the mixture and turn on the Kitchen aid if you have one or the electric mixture. Slowly add the flour until it has been thoroughly mixed in the milk mixture. You may use a dough hook to need but not too much. The dough should not be too hard or too sticky so please add more flour if needed. Let the dough rise for at least an hour in a warm place.
- While the dough rises mix the filling ingredients together. The temperature of the butter is vital. If it is too soft, the filling is runny and hard to work with but if it is a bit harder makes it a lot more easier!
- After the dough has risen punch it down and knead it by hand for 5 minutes. Divide the dough into 2 parts. Roll out the 2 separate parts into big rectangles and use a spatula to spread the filling on the dough (Don't Spread it on the whole rectangular shape please leave some space without filling) . Roll it up starting with the side spread with filling and cut into not too big pieces. Pull the side dough on the bottom of the cinnamon bun that you didn't spread filling in to prevent the rest of the filling from coming out and that is the bottom part. Place the individual bits on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and then smoosh/press down the top part (your hands might get a bit oily and buttery!). Pencil the smooshed buns with an egg and sprinkle with sugar pearls or almond flakes.
- Bake at 250 Celsius for 5-8 minutes and enjoy!
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.