If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was introduced to this Soup by my lovely Finish friend in Stockholm. She got the recipe from all recipes: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/african-peanut-soup/. Mine is adapted from hers.
The biggest thing I changed in this recipe was the rice. Instead of cooking it with a soup I pre-cook it mostly because brown rice takes years to cook literally!
But other than that this is a soup you should be eating! - ChefSteadfastMT
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Large Onions Chopped
- 2 Large Red Peppers Chopped
- 8 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 8 cups Vegetable Broth or Stock
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Cook Onions and red peppers until lightly brown and tender. Stir in garlic when almost done to prevent burning. Stir in tomatoes, vegetable broth, pepper and chili powder. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the pre-cooked rice, cover and simmer another 5-10 minutes. Stir in peanut butter ( you can put as much or as little as you desire but I prefer much). Serve hot!
How to Take a Food52-Style Photo
Those Instagrams aren't going to like themselves.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends
How to Hard Cook Lots of Eggs at Once
Use the oven, you egghead.
Nancy Silverton's Bran Muffins
Wholesome, jammy, Genius.
Style with a breeze.