Author Notes: Ahh sweet potato! Whether prepared for savory or sweet consumption, you never fail me! The combination of fresh herbs, lemon, and seasoning is a nice complement to the sweetness and gentle texture of the potato. As an addition, garnish with toasted slivered almonds or pecans. - Mariya
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh sage
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme
- 3 lemons zested
- 3 oranges zested
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Cut sweet potatoes into small dice.
- In a bowl, toss sweet potatoes with olive oil, sage, thyme, lemon and orange zest; season.
- Spread mixture out on a baking dish and bake at 375-400F until potatoes are tender and just beginning to brown.
- Turn off the oven and toss basil into the dish. Leave dish in the oven for a few minutes, until basil becomes crisp. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sweet Potato Recipe