If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'd rather be eating Momofuko's chocolate cookies, but this is pretty good too. (For some reason I can't get the photo to go right side up even though I rotated it in iphoto.) - Giulia Melucci
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Melt the butter in a heavy pot over medium heat. Add the carrot, celery, onion, and salt and saute for about five minutes.
- Add the cauliflower florets, and stir to coat, then add the chicken broth. Raise the heat, bring to a simmer, add the nutmeg and white pepper and cook until the cauliflower is very soft, about 20 minutes.
- Add the cream and cook for a few more seconds, then puree in a food processor or, better yet, with an immersion blender.
- Divide into two bowls (their should be a little left for seconds) sprinkled with almond slivers.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Take Summer Food Inside
11 DIY projects to make when it's too hot to go outside.
Cool Eats for Hot Days
A Carry-On Cocktail Kit
Anna Jones Loves Vegetables
The Daily Grind
Italian Breakfast Buns