Author Notes: I love to eat acorn squash during the fall. While it is delicious roasted with just a bit of salt and pepper, it's nice to add a bit of flair every once in a while . . . - Oops! Were you gonna eat that?
- 2 acorn squash, halved, seeded and cut into wedges
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Pumpkin pie spice (or ground cinnamon)
- Cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly grease a baking sheet lined with foil.
- In a large bowl, toss the squash wedges with just enough olive oil to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the squash until cooked through and a fork easily pierces the flesh, approximately 45 minutes.
- When the squash has finished cooking, melt the maple syrup and butter together in a small bowl in the microwave. In a large bowl, toss the squash with the melted butter and maple syrup. Serve immediately.