Author Notes: This recipe's inspiration came from Betty Crocker's Cookbook. I choose to use sliced spiced almonds along with cocoa powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar. This is a great treat that is low carb. When I first made this recipe, I used Splenda, but for this version I decided to use real sugar. - chrissyb
Makes 1 1/2 cup
- 1 tablespoon egg white
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 300ºF.
- Coat almonds with egg white in a medium bowl until the almonds are evenly covered.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the almonds and stir until the almonds are completely covered with the spices, sugar and cocoa.
- Spread the almonds on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate & Spice