If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I found this recipe as I was going through my La Cucina Italiana magazine for dinner inspiration. I had all the necessary ingredients the recipe asked for except for the fresh tagliatelle, so I used dry linguine instead. Asparagus is such a pretty vegetable that I usually like to keep in it's natural state by simply roasting it with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. However since my husband requested that I make pasta for dinner this evening I decided to make this recipe which we both loved.
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup heavy cream (I used 1% milk)
- 14 ounces fresh tagliatelle, or dried tagliatelle
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Grana Padano or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Fine sea salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, cut 1½ inches of asparagus tips from stalks. Steam tips for 3 minutes, then cut in half lengthwise . Cut stalks crosswise into ¼-inch rounds.
- In a medium saucepan, combine asparagus rounds, shallot and butter; cook over medium heat until butter is melted, then add 1/2 cup water, bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes. Add cream, bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Season with ¼ teaspoon salt. Transfer pan contents to a blender and purée until smooth.
- Add pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente (about 3 minutes for fresh pasta). Reserving ¼ cup pasta cooking liquid, drain pasta and transfer to a large bowl.
- Pour purée into a skillet; bring to a boil. Add asparagus tips, cheese and parsley; return to a boil, then add to bowl with pasta and toss to combine. Adjust seasoning and moisten with a little pasta cooking liquid, if desired. Serve immediately. Recipe from La Cucina Italiana
No oven, no problem
No-bake desserts bring the heat
No-bake desserts are cool.
This week's #happylist.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.