If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A friend served me just plain ricotta mixed with anchovies the other evening without any further info about the recipe's origin. I loved it so much I just had to improvise further. So here is what I offer for my variation. - Sagegreen
Food52 Review: Sagegreen uses anchovies very smartly in this recipe to add something special to the herbed ricotta spread. Meyer lemon and rosemary are already a a tasty combo and the fishes give it a salty, rich punch. Plus, it's super easy and fast to make -- perfect for an evening of entertaining. Try it without the roasted garlic and see what you think before adding it. I found I liked it both ways. - Stephanie Bourgeois
Makes about 1 cup
- 9 anchovy fillets (like Rolands in olive oil)
- 3 tsp. Meyer lemon zest and 1 tbl. Meyer lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. very finely minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp. freshly milled green peppercorns
- 1 tbl. finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- a cup of whole milk ricotta cheese, fresh if possible
- pinch of kosher salt, to taste
- 1 sliced baquette
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzle
- @ 1/2 tsp. caramelized roasted garlic, optional
- With a fork take the fillets and mash them until they almost dissolve in a bowl with the lemon zest. Add the juice. Mix in the fresh herbs and garlic, if you like. Add the ricotta and whisk with a fork until everything is incorporated. Mix in the salt.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil over the baquette slices, between 1/3 and 1/2 inch thick, to your liking. Toast until lightly browned. Spread the ricotta mix on top. Drizzle additional olive oil on top if you like. Serve right away. Do make more if you have to.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Canned Fish Recipe
These Ballads Are Bananas
Our favorite food-centric songs.
A feast for the ears.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
We're woven this backpack.