Author Notes: I love this salad on a hot Summer night. The combination of the sweet mint and the peppery arugula compliments the tuna and the cannellini beans. I eat a Gigante Bean Salad with house cured tuna at Strada18 in South Norwalk, Connecticut. I love this salad, I order it every time I go there.
This is my rendition, when I make it at home. - Brunella
- 6 3/4 ounces Flott Solid Tuna in Pure Olive Oil
- 15.5 ounces Cannellini Beans Drained
- 7 ounces Arugula
- 2 Plum Tomatoes Sliced
- Remove tuna from jar leaving oil behind, place in a bowl and add a few tablespoons of vinaigrette. Place cannellini beans and add a few tablespoons of vinaigrette. Divide arugula in two large bowls, place cannellini beans, tomato and tuna on top of arugula. Add more vinaigrette if desired and serve.
- 5 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Zest from one Lemon
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Mint or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Combine above ingredients and shake until well combined