If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While this version of tuna salad is significantly more involved than just adding chopped onions, celery and pickle relish to a can of tuna, it is well worth the extra effort. The potatoes make the tuna salad creamy and the lemon juice gives it a good tang. —WeLikeToCook
- 2 7-oz. cans of water-packed tuna
- 1 large Yukon Gold potato, peeled, cubed (½-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4-5 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon green olives, sliced (optional)
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Harissa (Tunisian hot chili sauce)
- 2 crusty hoagie rolls
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, drained capers, parsley, salt and pepper and whisk to mix well.
- Place canned tuna and potato cubes to the bowl and toss gently to coat with the dressing.
- Split hoagie rolls in half and lightly toast under the broiler., and spread bottom halves with harissa paste.
- Load a gracious amount of tuna salad onto the bread and top with egg slices. Drizzle a little olive oil over the fillings and serve with homemade potato chips or fries.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Canned Fish Recipe