If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: From time to time I get a serious beet craving. I invented this dish to quickly satisfy that craving: this recipe takes 12 minutes to prepare.
Raw beets are under-appreciated; I love their crunch, their sweet, earthy flavor, their deep magenta juiciness and the fact that they are so nutrient-dense. The grated shreds used here are small enough so that they are warmed through by the cooked pasta, but keep all those qualities.
This is a recipe for one hungry person. It can be easily multiplied to feed a crowd. Sub rice pasta to make it gluten-free. - Anitalectric
- 5 ounces capellini (about 1/3 package)
- 1 small beet
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch each, thyme and oregano
- 2 teaspoons pistachio oil (optional)
- drizzle olive oil, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
- Grate the beet over the pasta. Turn the grater to the side with the smallest holes and grate the garlic over the pasta. Add the remaining ingredients (sans pistachios) and toss.
- Garnish with pistachios and serve warm.
Egyptian Street Food at Home
Spend quality time with The Cairo Kitchen.
The Cairo Kitchen
Boost your Bagel
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Portable picnic snacks.