If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I hate Celery. Ok, well I used to hate celery and while this won't make a lover out of me, I'm encouraged to give it another try, experience it from a new, if delicate angle. And I'm now intrigued.....and willing to give it a go. - Kitchen Butterfly
Makes a platter
Celery Prawn Toast
- 225g, raw, shelled prawns, without shells, chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped lemon grass, inner part only
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 bird's eye''s chilies, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- Day old crusty loaf of (white) bread slices
- Oil, for deep frying
Fresh Celery Salt
- 1 - 2 stalks celery
- kosher salt
- To make the Prawn Toasts: Make the prawn paste by putting all the ingredients except the bread and fresh celery salt into the blender. Pulse and blend till smooth. You can refrigerate at this point if you like.
- Slice the bread into triangles or rectangles and spread each slice with some prawn paste. Continue till your paste is used up.
- Pour oil into a wok until one-third full. Heat until a small piece of bread dropped into oil sizzles. Cook toasts, in batches, prawn side down, for 1 minute. Turn and cook for a further 15 to 30 seconds or until golden. Remove to a wire rack over a baking tray. You could also keep them warm in the oven while cooking the remaining prawn toasts.
- Serve topped with a small portion of celery salt
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Celery Recipe
It's Time to Rhyme
The staff at Food52 give us their best haikus.
Do you haiku?
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Bake yourself breakfast.
Calling all recipe testers!