Author Notes: This quick bread has everything you need for breakfast -bacon, eggs, fruit, maple syrup all rolled into one. So pour yourself a cup of coffee or a cold glass of milk and enjoy!!
Makes one 9x5 inch loaf
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted for 5 minutes in a 350F oven and then coarsely chopped
- 1 medium apple, cored and diced finely (leave the skin on- it's good for you!)
- 8 tablespoons (one stick) softened butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups dark amber maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until fluffy with a electric mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time while beating and then add the syrup and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the apple, pecans and bacon and then stir in the flour mixture a little at a time until fully incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 x 5 inch well buttered loaf pan. Bake in a pre heated 350F oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until that toothpick comes out clean.