If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The idea for this literally came to me one night while sitting on the couch. I had been thinking about what I could make with eggplant besides eggplant parmesan. I'd never really made much else with it. So, I thought about doing a lasagna but using the eggplant as the noodles. We tend to eat a lot of carbs so I thought this would be a different take on traditional lasagna. I topped our pieces with some leftover eggplant pieces which added a little bit of crunchiness. —Harper's Homemade
Serves approx. 9
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 small zuchinni
- 16 ounces lowfat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 1/2 cups mozarella cheese
- 3 eggs mixed with a little water
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups italian style panko
- 1 1/2-2 cups favorite tomato sauce
- dash salt
- dash pepper
- Cut the ends off the eggplant and then peel off the skin using a potato/vegetable peeler. Cut in half widthwise and then cut into about 1/2 think slices (they won't all be the exact same size-but you can trim them to be more consistent)
- Prepare a bowl of flour, a bowl with the eggs, and a bowl with the panko. Dip the eggplant slices in that order then place all the eggplant slices onto a baking sheet. Bake at 375 for about 15 minutes or until the panko starts to turn golden brown and eggplant is crispy
- While eggplant is baking, mix together the pesto, cottage cheese, and a little salt and pepper.
- Spray a piece of foil with non stick cooking spray, cover the lasagna and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Cover the eggplant slices with the cottage cheese mixture. Top with grated zuchinni, then sprinkle on some mozzarella. Then top with 6 more eggplant slices and mozarella cheese
Make Fruit Caramel
A case for blending your plums
Blend your plums—seriously.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
It's time to travel.
You need to make this Indian spice mix.
Off to market.