If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When preparing a big meal for family or friends it’s great to have time-saving short cuts. For this recipe I use won ton wrappers to replace fresh pasta and frozen artichoke hearts. The pre-cut noodle squares were just the size I needed and the artichoke hearts, once thawed, were ready to use which saved me hours of work. It’s easy, fast and delicious.
- Claudia Ficca
Serves 4 - 6
- 1/2 packet frozen won ton wrappers, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 bag frozen artichoke hearts or bottoms, thawed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup mascarpone
- 1/2 zest of lemon
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano
- Salt and peppers to taste
Brown butter and sage sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 sage leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano
- To make filling, pulse the thawed artichoke in a food processor until finely chopped but not puréed. In a bowl combine chopped artichoke with mascarpone, lemon zest, Parmigiano, salt and pepper.
- Put about 1 packed teaspoon filling onto won ton sheet. Brush egg along the sides of both sheets. Put second dough strip on top of first and gently press edges to seal. Transfer ravioli to a lightly oiled baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Keep ravioli covered with a clean dishtowel until ready to cook.
- Bring a large wide pot of salted water to a low boil. In the meantime melt butter in a 14-inch saute pan and continue cooking until it’s golden brown. Add sage leaves and remove from heat.
- Boil ravioli in small batches until tender, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer ravioli to the pan with the brown butter sauce and toss on medium heat to combine. Serve immediately with freshly grated Parmigiano.
Not Your Average (Garlic Cheddar) Biscuit
Yes, you need another biscuit recipe.
Why You Need Yet Another Biscuit Recipe.
Fresh beer, anywhere.
9 Ways to Celebrate the Royal Baby
What to Do With Marjoram
Go play outside!