If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When in season, I often poach fresh Black Mission figs in all kinds of poaching liquids and serve them with Goat cheese or Ricotta cream. My daughter adores stuffed fresh figs with goat cheese mixed with herbs, a little salt and pepper and wrapped in thin strips of Prosciutto or Pancetta. This dish is a delicious and light dessert or cheese course. - Kukla
For the Poached Figs
- • 1 1/2 cups apple cider plus 1 1/2 cups water
- • 2 tablespoons maple or 1/2cup light-brown sugar
- • 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- • 4 strips orange peel (each about 3 inches long), plus 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- • 2 (about 3-inch-long) cinnamon sticks
- • 24 dried Turkish or Black Mission figs (about 6 ounces)
- Heat apple cider, water, sugar, maple syrup, orange strips, grated zest and cinnamon sticks in a large saute pan over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar and maple syrup have dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add figs; cover, and simmer until figs are just tender, about 20 minutes. Gently transfer figs to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- Raise heat to medium-high, and bring syrup to a boil. Cook until syrup has reduced and thickened, 4 to 5 minutes. Return figs to pan, and gently toss with syrup to coat.
For the Spiced Goat cheese
- • 1 cup (8 ounces) soft goat cheese, room temperature
- • 1 tablespoon maple or 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- • 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated peeled ginger
- • 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Puree goat cheese, sugar, ½ teaspoon of sea or kosher salt, ginger, cinnamon, and cream in a food processor. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the goat cheese cream into each bowl. Divide figs among bowls, and drizzle with syrup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Maple Recipe
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.