If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These are simple, classic, straight-up macaroons adapted from Tamra Davis (director/ chef/ mom/ married to a Beastie Boy). This is a great recipe, they are perfectly fluffy & sweet without falling apart -- the key is really beating the sugar & egg whites. Again, macaroons are a great gluten-free, dairy-free dessert option & the ingredients are most likely always in your kitchen--plus they're super cute. - we eat. happy.
Makes almost 2 dozen
- 2 free-range egg whites
- 3/4 cup organic sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut
- pinches Maldon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 325° F and line two baking sheets with foil. In a large bowl combine egg whites, sugar & vanilla. Beat with a whisk until combined and fluffy (about 1 minute).
- Fold in coconut & sea salt. With wet hands make small (1 tablespoon-sized) mounds, and place 1 inch apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 16 to 17 minutes until golden. Cool for 3 to 5 minutes before transferring onto a baking cooling rack.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
These Ballads Are Bananas
Our favorite food-centric songs.
A feast for the ears.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
We're woven this backpack.