Author Notes: Yet another version of Nachni flour. These are quite similar to another pancakes recipe I have uploaded using semolina. But, the veggies are a little different. And, the addition of spinach is excellent to its taste and flavor. These are quick and easy way of having savory pancakes loaded with nutrients. - PistachioDoughnut
Makes 5 to 6 depends upon the size you choose to make
- 1 cup Nachni Flour / Red Millet flour
- 1/4 cup Semolina
- 1.5 cups Buttermilk or plain yogurt + water mix
- 1 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 1.5 teaspoons Green chilli paste
- salt to taste
- Oil for frying + 1 tbsp of oil
- 1/2 cup Zucchini , shredded
- 1/4 cup Corn kernels
- 1 Roasted red pepper
- 1/2 cup Spinach, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- handfuls Sesame seeds
- Mix all the ingredients together, leaving out the oil for frying.
- Make a smooth batter . Add water if desired for a good consistency.
- Heat a griddle on medium heat , add a little bit of oil or ghee/butter. Pour a spoonful of batter and let it cook for a minute. Once you see some bubbles on top , it is time to flip it and cook it on another side.
- When it is cooked on both the sides, remove it and serve it hot with mint chutney, ketchup or just as they are.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory