If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I generally cook from inspiration rather than recipes and I came up with this recipe because I crave carrot cake but don't always have the time to make them or want the extra calories. Enjoy! - karen81
- 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 1/4 cups Buttermilk
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/3 cup Unsweatened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Finely grated carrot
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup Toasted Walnuts
- 1/4 cup Unsweateded Coconut
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon Cloves
- Whipped cream cheese
- Maple syrup
- Combine eggs, buttermilk, and applesauce; whisk to combine, then add carrots, raisins, walnuts and coconut.
- Next add flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt and spices; whisk until just combined.
- Cooking temperature should be just under medium slightly lower than typical pancakes to prevent burning.
- Serve pancakes stacked with whipped cream cheese between each pancake as well as on top and maple syrup. No mesurements here - to each his/her own. My personal opinion is more is better.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory
These Ballads Are Bananas
Our favorite food-centric songs.
A feast for the ears.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
We're woven this backpack.