If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an adaptation of a Mark Bittman recipe that appeared in the Minimalist column a few years back and quickly became a favorite of mine. This recipe, which could not be easier to make or more versatile, turns out terrific crispy pancakes that make great appetizers (or a main dish, if you're cooking for a few people). For the veggie filling, I've listed one of my favorite combinations here, but you can substitute literally anything you can grate or dice up, so feel free to experiment! You can also experiment with dipping sauces- I'm partial to a mix of sriracha, soy sauce, and ketchup, but anything with sesame oil is also terrific. - lazychef
For the Pancakes
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1/2 medium sweet potato, grated
- 1/3 bunch green onions, sliced thin
For the Dipping Sauces
- soy sauce
- rice vinegar
- To make the pancakes: beat eggs in a medium bowl. Whisk in flour, then add oil and water and stir until smooth. Add zucchini, sweet potato, and green onions (or whatever vegetables you're using) and mix. Fry pancakes in a tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, using ~1/3 c batter per pancake (they're easier to flip if they're not too large, as the batter is thin and will splatter a bit). When pancakes are crisp and browned on both sides, remove to paper towels. Slice into segments and serve hot with dipping sauce.
- To make one dipping sauce: Whisk 1 tsp sugar, 3 Tbsp soy sauce, and 3 Tbsp rice vinegar in a small bowl. (Add a shake or two of crushed red pepper or a pinch of sliced green onions if you'd like!)
- To make another dipping sauce: Stir together equal parts soy sauce, sriracha, and ketchup, adjusting ratio to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory
How to Take a Food52-Style Photo
Those Instagrams aren't going to like themselves.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce
Easter Baskets for Loved Ones Who Sometimes Annoy You
Sure to put somebunny out of business.
Style with a breeze.