If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of my first grown up dishes where I dined on Chicken Marsala at Olive Garden as a teen. A yummy blend of mushrooms, chicken, and sweet wine. This a slight variation of recipe found at savorysweetlife.com where I substituted the flour and wine and used a different technique for flattening the chicken. - tia.ukpe
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup cups rice flour, cornmeal or other gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sweet Marsala wine
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup sherry, dry red or white wine
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or creme fraiche
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Split each chicken breast through the middle to make 2 pieces. Place in a plastic bag or wrap with plastic wrap and pound each one flat using a meat tenderizer/mallet until they are about a quarter inch thick. I do not own a mallet or meat tenderizer, so I used my fists, a great way to get out your aggression. Place flour in a shallow bowl or plate. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of each piece and then dredge the chicken in the flour.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat and then place the chicken when the oil is hot. Without overcrowding, fry the chicken for 4 minutes on each side or until it turns a nice golden brown. When browned, remove the chicken and place on serving platter and keep in oven to stay warm.
- Reducing the heat to medium, add the butter and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper, saute mushrooms for 5 minutes until liquid begins to release from the mushrooms. Add the marsala wine, sherry (or wine), cream or creme fraiche and stock. Reduce the liquid so about 3/4 to 1/2 of the liquid remains. Pour mushrooms and sauce over chicken and serve. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with rice, pasta or roasted potatoes.
Brown Butter Nutella Skillet Cookie
You deserve a mid-week pick-me-up.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Travel like Anthony Bourdain
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.