If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These pancakes are equally at home on the dinner table or the breakfast buffet. You can eat them carrot cake style with a sweet cream cheese spread, or capitalize on more savory flavors with mint butter. —First We Eat
- 1 1/3 cups gluten-free, all-purpose flour blend (such as Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, lemon zest, pecans, rasins and salt to a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, buttermilk, sugar and lemon juice. Mix in carrots.
- Add dry ingredients to carrot mixture, and stir to combine.
- Butter a griddle over medium heat. Drop 1/3 cup of batter at a time, and cook for approximately two minutes on each side. Serve with cream cheese spread or mint butter.
Cream Cheese and Mint Butter Toppings
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 4 ounces salted butter at room temperature (alternately, use unsalted butter and 1/4t salt)
- With electric beaters, whip cream until it forms stiff peaks. Add cream cheese, vanilla and sugar, and beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix mint and butter together. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.