If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A traditional Moroccan dish combined with the delicious sweetness of cranberries. A simple meal to make! —Jasanna
Slow Cooked Ingredients
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon curry
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 dash lime juice (optional)
- 1 dash red pepper flakes (optional)
Bed of Couscous
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat pearl couscous
- 1/4 cup amaranth
- 1. Layer in a traditional slow cooker, chicken cubes, onion, and cranberries.
- 2. Then, mix together the rest of the ingredients in the tagine, in a bowl. Pour over the chicken mixture in the slow cooker and cook on High for 3 hours or on Low for 5-6 hours.
- 3. In a separate saucepan, bring 1 1/2 C. water to boil, and pour in both the amaranth and couscous. Bring back to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes or until water is absorbed. Watch carefully that it doesn't burn! Remove from heat, and serve the couscous as a bed for your slow cooked tagine. The flavor will be sweet, combined with delicious, nutty notes.
- This recipe pairs well with Naan bread dipped in olive oil infused with spices!
Give Peas a Chance
Pea guacamole and other offensive foods
Warning: You might be offended.
Burnt Toast: Episode 9
Savor the season.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
A board to go nuts over.