If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Peach, the mother of a summer friend, makes this recipe in the summer. It is best served with fresh from the garden tomatoes. Sometimes even when it isn't summer I will make this recipe and use whatever tomatoes I can get my hands on. This recipe reminds me of summer and the beach. I add fresh tarragon to this as I believe the tarragon vinegar really makes the dressing and the fresh herbs only enhance it! —LizTerry
Makes about a 1/4 c of dressing
- tomatoes cut to bite sized chunks
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons yellow ballpark mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon (chopped)
- Combine ingredients of the dressing (leave out the fresh tarragon until ready to serve)
- Add tomatoes to the dressing and allow to "marinate" for 20 minutes to overnight.
- Pull tomatoes from the dressing with a slotted spoon.
- Sprinkle with a few pieces of the chopped fresh tarragon and fresh ground pepper. Serve.
- Feel free to reserve the remaining dressing and add more tomatoes at a later date.
Put Summer in a Jar
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
The new Food52 office.
Octopi my heart.