If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A great variant of fresh chutney that can be whipped up in minutes - Panfusine
Makes 1 cup
- 2 tablespoons Canola oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Split dehusked urad dal
- 1 dried arbol chile broken in two
Coconut Mango chutney
- 1 cup frozen shredded coconut, thawed
- 1/2 cup Fresh raw mango pieces
- 1-3 small green chiles (as per your preference & heat tolerance)
- Salt to taste
- 1 pinch asafetida powder
- Combine all the ingredients and blend into a pesto like consistency. Err on the cautious side with the salt. Adjust for seasoning after you grind the chutney
- Heat the oil in a small pan. when it gets smoking hot, add the mustard, Urad dal & the arbol chile. WHen the mustard sputters & the dal turns into a golden brown, pour this sizzling dressing into the chutney. Stir to combine.