Author Notes: Green salads can get boring, and so I combined some of my favorite fall ingredients and assembled a simple dressing with a delicious and unexpected taste that complements the flavors and brings a fresh flavor to even the dreariest day. This salad is a light accompaniment to heavier fall entrees! - Deborah Dowd
- 1 Asian pear,cored and sliced thinly
- 3 cups butter lettuce
- 2 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup broken walnut kernels
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 packet Sweet and low or Splenda(you can use a tsp of sugar if you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon water
- Toss all ingredients through walnuts together.
- Whisk together the mayo, vinegar, water and sweetener, and then toss with salad.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Autumn Salad