If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad is perfect as a satisfying spring lunch, but feel free to double the ingredients to serve as a colorful salad with dinner. —Girl Farm Kitchen
- 1 egg
- 1 small head tender green lettuce
- 5 stalks asparagus
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 squeeze lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 handful fresh parsley or cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 splash olive oil
- 1 two-inch cube feta, crumbled
- Salt & pepper
- To soft-boil the egg, bring a small saucepan of water to a boil and gently lower in the egg. Simmer for 6 to 8 minutes (depending on whether your egg is smallish or rather large) then remove and place immediately in a small bowl of ice water. Peel underwater and carefully slice into quarters.
- Arrange the leaves from your head of lettuce to make a nice nest on your plate. Cut your raw asparagus stalks into one-inch pieces and scatter over the lettuce. Whisk together the balsamic, lemon juice, honey and fresh herbs, then slowly add olive oil, whisking and adding until the dressing reaches your desired thickness. Sprinkle the dressing over the salad, then crumble feta on top and nestle in your egg quarters. Finish with a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
The Best Thing since Sliced Bread
Crispy cheese has our hearts
We are in love—with this toast.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
It's in the bag.