If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My recipe is based on a Broccoli Salad recipe that my friend Louise gave me. Chances are, you've probably had that Broccoli Salad at a summer barbecue. I decided to tweak it a bit, and make it Fall-appropriate. It'd be nice next to some Thanksgiving roast turkey. Or even the next day, on a turkey sandwich. The dressing is so good, you'll want to eat it by the spoonful. Careful there. I like my salads lightly dressed, so if you think yours is a bit on the dry side, just double the recipe for the dressing. - mrslarkin
Serves 6 - 8
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 10-ounce tubs Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped crisp bacon
- For the dressing, whisk together the mayo, maple syrup (or sugar) and vinegar, and set aside. If using sugar, the sugar will disolve while you are preparing the salad.
- With a food processor fitted with the slicing disk, slice the Brussels sprouts. Transfer to a large bowl. Add onion, cranberries, pecans and bacon. Toss. Add dressing. Mix well and chill 2 - 5 hours, or serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Meat as a Flavoring
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Autumn Salad