If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A healthy and warming soup that satisifies on a chilly evening. Roasting carrots with honey, or agave syrup, gives a hint of sweetness paired with subtle spice. —Angelique26
Serves 4-6 as a starter
- 1 pound carrots, roughly chopped (no need to peel)
- 1 red or orange pepper, chopped
- 1 red chilli pepper, seeds removed, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus some for drizzling
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and coursely diced
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3/4 cup reduced fat creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave nector
- handfuls fresh flat leaf parsley for garnish
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 150C
- Combine carrots, one tbsp of olive oil, honey and a pinch of salt and pepper. Lie flat on a baking tray or large roasting pan. Cook in oven for 20 minutes until carrots have carmelised and begun to char.
- While carrots are roasting, heat remaining olive oil over medium to high heat in a medium sizedpot. Saute garlic until slightly brown. Add onions, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes until they are translucent. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add peppers and cook for another 2-3 minutes until slightly softened.
- Remove carrots from oven and place in soup pot. Pour in chicken stock to cover vegetables and add thyme leaves. Increase heat again,bring to a boil for two minutes. Then, reduce heat, cover pot with a lid and simmer for 15-20 minutes until all vegetables are tender and flavours have developed.
- Once cooked, using an immersion blender, puree soup until its creamy. Add 1/2 cup of creme fraiche and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. For increased sweetness, add a drizzle more of honey.
- To serve, divide soup in bowls. Place a dollop of creme fraiche in the center of each bowl, a few sprinkles of parsley and a drizzle of olive oil. Finish with fresh cracked pepper.
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.