Author Notes: Surely, ramps are new to me. But, I love their earthiness a lot. And, I call them a little attention seeking because they are available only during spring time and for a short time. I usually made biscuits once in while with chives. So, just replaced the recipe with ramps. Hope you all like it. - PistachioDoughnut
Makes 15 to 20 approx biscuits
- 31/2 cups bread flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Sticks of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 Medium sized eggs
- 1/2 to 1 cup Fresh ramp, chopped thinly
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pre heat the oven to 325 F. Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl of a standing mixer with a paddle attachment. Add butter to it and mix it well on medium speed until blended.
- Gradually, add the cream, eggs, ramps. Mix it well for another 30 seconds or 1 minute. Please do not over mix it.
- Remove the dough on a floured surface and roll out the dough into a rectangle about an inch thick. With a dough scraper or a biscuit cutter , cut out rounds or cubes if using a scraper.
- Place them on a non-stick baking sheet and bake them for about 7 to 9 minutes. Check once in while , if they have nice golden color and look liek they are done then remove it.
- Serve them warm or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Alliums