If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This amazing Pot Pie was made by mistake! I was playing around trying to make a traditional pot pie... and while this is not so traditional, it is the best Pot Pie I have ever eaten. It contains many vegetables that you can find at local farms during spring harvest. These include: Carrots, Sweet Onions, Fresh Peas, Garlic, and Shiitake Mushrooms. Organic and fresh ingredients work best! - HealthNut
- 1 pound Chicken Thighs
- 2 cups Sweet Onions
- 1 cup Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1 cup Carrots
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tablespoons Black Pepper
- 1.5 cups Sweet Peas
- 1.25 cups Half and Half
- 1 cup Cream of Chicken
- 1 Pre Packaged Pie Crusts
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Place chicken thighs into oven when ready.
- Slice mushrooms and onions into strips. Cut carrots into traditional rounds. Dice garlic.
- Boil carrots until soft. Saute mushrooms, onions, and garlic with olive oil for about five minutes. You want the onions to shrink and start to brown.
- Once finished cooking, de-bone and shred chicken thighs. Save any chicken broth from the cooking process. Place broth and chicken into bowl. (Do not turn oven off, we will bake these pot pies when finished)
- Place the cooked carrots, mushrooms, garlic and onions into the bowl with the chicken. Add peas to the bowl. Mix
- Add black pepper, cream of chicken, and half and half. Mix for about 1 minute.
- Place the pie crust on the bottom of the pan. Spraying with Pam helps it not to stick. Add ingredients to the pan. Cover with top pie crust and roll the sides together to create the crust of the pot pie.
- Bake for about 35 minutes at the original temperature of 375 degrees. Enjoy, it is delicious!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Alliums
Freeze It Right There
Meet your herby, stir-fry savior.
The stir-fry savior.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
You won't be board with this game.