If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dressing is not quite Caesar and not quite Green Goddess, but rather something in between. Green garlic and green onion are blended in a homemade mayonnaise with anchovies to make a great topping on a variety of salads. As an example, I have included the salad with which I first served this dressing. The recipe makes more than enough dressing for one salad, and it will keep for a few days covered in the fridge. - inpatskitchen
Food52 Review: WHO: Inpatskitchen knows a thing or two about salads: We already know, and love, her recipes for Make Your Own Avocado Caesar and Dill and Fennel Frond Potato Salad.
WHAT: If Caesar had been a Green Goddess (you know, instead of a Roman ruler), this would have been his dressing.
HOW: Blend a homemade mayonnaise with green onions, green garlic, and anchovy filets. Eat it with a side of salad.
WHY WE LOVE IT: Sometimes we’re craving something fresher than mayonnaise and creamier than Green Goddess, and that’s where this dressing fits in. Sure, it’s great on any salad, but it’s also thick enough to spread on sandwiches or to use as a dip for vegetables. - A&M
Serves 2, with leftover dressing
For the dressing (makes about one cup):
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 medium green onions, roughly chopped
- 2 medium stalks of green garlic, roughly chopped
- 3 anchovy filets from a 2-ounce tin (save the rest for the salad)
- Anchovy oil from the 2-ounce tin of anchovies
- 3/4 cups neutral oil, such as vegetable or canola
- Place the egg, salt, mustard, lemon juice, green onion, green garlic, and anchovy filets in a mini food processor. Begin processing, then slowly add the anchovy oil and vegetable oil through the tiny holes on the top of the cover of the processor. Process until smooth and rather thick. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve with the salad.
For a salad:
- 1 romaine lettuce heart torn into bite-size pieces
- 6 thin slices English cucumber
- 1 large radish, thinly sliced and cut into moons
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- Remaining anchovies from the 2-ounce tin
- Either toss or arrange all ingredients in a bowl or on a platter. Serve with the dressing.
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Scallions
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Alliums