Author Notes: I love salmon any which way you give it to me. I also really like leeks and they are one of those veggies I think many people overlook. They have a milder flavour than onions and are quite good in soups. Have you ever tried leeks with fish? - midnitechef
- 1 large leek (or 3 small)
- 1 pound salmon fillet
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make a pocket using aluminum foil or parchment paper and place this on a baking sheet
- Slice one large leek in half lengthwise and rinse out any sand between the layers. Slice the leek crosswise into very thin half moons. Mince the garlic.
- Clean your salmon fillet (I removed the skin so that more leek flavour could be adsorbed).
- Put half the leek and half the butter (1 Tbsp) and salt & pepper in the pouch first. Season the salmon with salt and pepper on both sides and lay it on the leeks. Top with garlic, butter (1 Tbsp) and remaining leeks.
- Seal up the pouch and bake at 450ºF for 10 minutes per inch thickness of the salmon, don’t dry it out!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Alliums