Author Notes: I made this incredibly simple and rich tasting pasta, from the wild garlic that has been growing naturally in our backyard. - Creativecook
- 3/4 cups dry pasta
- Water and salt for cooking pasta
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 cup chopped green garlic (whites and green separated)
- 1 lime, halved and zested
- 2 green chilies, minced
- Extra salt to taste
- Prepare the pasta with salt and water according to the directions on the package. Set aside to drain in a colander.
- Heat the olive oil and add in the minced garlic whites and cook for 3-4 minutes until the garlic is a pale golden color.
- Add in the garlic greens and cook till they wilt.
- In a separate pan, heat the butter on low heat until it melts and turns into a pale golden brown shade.
- Squeeze in the juice of the lime.
- Working quickly, add in the pasta, lime zest and the salt and green chilies and mix well.
- Mixed in the garlic and oil and the nuts and toss well.
- Serve immediately!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Alliums