Author Notes: This is a dish I make for my family or friends for brunch, particularly at Easter time. It's also a filling, inexpensive "breakfast for supper" dish and is a great way to use up extra eggs. - moretimeatthetable
- 4 boiled eggs, cooled, peeled, and sliced
- 2 whole wheat English muffins, split, toasted, and buttered
- 4 Asparagus stalks, trimmed, cut into 1" pieces, and blanched
- 1/2 cup cheese sauce or grated cheese
- Kosher salt/fresh ground pepper
- To assemble each serving, place 1 sliced egg on each buttered muffin half. Dust with salt and pepper. Gently place half of the asparagus on the eggs and drizzle all with 1/4 cup cheese sauce or sprinkle with grated cheese. (Slip under broiler briefly on an oven-safe baking sheet if using grated cheese.) Season with salt and pepper to taste. Repeat for second serving.